Many people fulfill the role of leadership. They get the job done and do it well, but they don’t have that transforming “zing” that earns them accolades. Just what is that extra style and confidence, that enticing personableness that inspires others to follow and initiates company-wide change? What makes a charismatic leader?
Charismatic leaders are all about people:
• They are masters at listening. They give their full attention to what is being said – and express interest, drawing out a response from the most reticent individuals. They are engaged in the conversation, responding with empathy and compassion.
• They connect with both people and the circumstances surrounding people, perceiving moods and atmosphere, and adjusting accordingly.
• They lead by example – with integrity, honesty, and transparency.
• Because they genuinely believe in the personal value of others, they can convince others to recognize their personal traits and begin to believe in themselves.
Charismatic leaders are communicators:
• Whether they are in a one-on-one conversation or participating in a group discussion, they speak up with confidence and assurance.
• They maintain warm, open, and positive body language, making eye contact smiling often, and expressing genuine joy in others.
Charismatic leaders have extraordinary skills in communication. This helps to motivate employees through tough times, ensuring they remain grounded.
Charismatic leaders are inspiring because:
• They are passionate about life, goals, personal growth, company goals, etc.
• They remain true to their convictions in the face of difficulty.
• They walk the talk – conducting themselves with maturity
Charismatic leaders are secure, confident, and comfortable in their own skin.
• They possesses a strong sense of self belief, seldom doubting their decisions
• They monitor their own actions – taking full responsibility for their choices.
• Though they are satisfied with who they are, but they don’t stagnate – Creativity, learning new things, and developing new interests are important to them.
In summary, charismatic leaders care about people, communicate well with people, inspire people, and do it with complete confidence in who they are as people. Springborn Staffing seeks to attract charismatic leaders who will serve Bangor and Portland, Maine companies well. Contact us today and connect to candidates who are also charismatic leaders.